Re: Apache HTTP Server 1.3.33-1 release available

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 8 23:59, Robert Richter wrote:
Hi all,

there is a new release available of Apache HTTP Server 1.3.33. The package
is placed here: http://www.fast4ward.de/cygwin/

Please take a look at the README and setup.hint files below.

The Apache package contains the mod_ssl EAPI patch but no additional module
extensions. These are part of further releases.

I am also interested in becoming the package maintainer for Apache 1.3.x.

Cool. Can you please send the full URLs to the binary source and setup.hint
files to this list? Did you notice that an Apache2 package is coming to
speed as well? It would be pretty important that the two packages don't
collide.

I took care to ensure that my upcoming apache2 packages does not collide with the current apache 1.3 package - unless this new 1.3.x package is more than a simple version upgrade, there should be no problems. Doesn't hurt to check, though.

Although, *PLEASE* remove the really pointless "sleep" commands from the postinstall script, if you haven't done that already.

Max.