Re: keychain and bash up for grabs?

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:56:10PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Mar  3 15:28, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>It seems like we are missing maintainers for keychain and bash.  There
>>have been bugs reported against each with no responses from
>>maintainers.  Private email to the bash maintainer seems to bounce.
>>
>>So, unless Corinna objects or there is a clarification of the status of
>>these packages by tomorrow, these packages are looking for someone to
>>maintain them.
>
>No objections as far as bash is concerned, this already takes too long.
>Just in case of keychain I think we should give Hack another two weeks
>or so.
>
>>Any vict...  volunteers?
>
>Karl M is interested to take over keychain, we discussed this on the
>cygwin ML already.

Yes, sorry.  I wasn't paying as close attention to the keychain discussion
as I should have been.

However, the recent (inexplicable) report that the older keychain is
causing a crash (in bash???) makes me think that we can't wait that long
to get a new version released.  I should have made that much clearer in
my message.

I knew that Karl might be interested and was hoping that Karl might be
reading this mailing list.  Duh.  Gee.  I could actually have checked
that.

*pause*

Nope.  He isn't.  I'm bcc'ing him.

Do you really think we need to wait two weeks?  When was the last time
Hack sent email to a cygwin mailing list?  Maybe Karl would be willing
to make a new release with the understanding that Hack might want his
package back if he resurfaces again in the next two weeks?  I would just
like to elminate a potential source of cygwin mailing list complaints.