Re: RFC: Apache HTTPD 2.0

Max Bowsher schrieb:
> I'd like some opinions...
> Apache HTTPD 2.0 is a little schitzophrenic about what it should be
> called: "httpd" or "apache2" - what do you think the Cygwin package
> should be named?

There exists no httpd2, just httpd2-naat (Network Appliance
Administration Tool on Mandrake).

There exist:
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=apache2
httpd-2.0.x (fedora, asp linux, netwinder)
apache2     (suse, mandrake, Falsehope)
apache      used just for apache1 only

So I would say "apache2" or "httpd", preferring "apache2" because it's
clearer and nearer.

> To avoid conflict with the 1.3 package, I've appended a "2" to the names
> of all the executables (and manpages). Horrible, but I can't see any
> better way. Can you?

--prefix=/opt/apache2

> At the moment my package is using the default pidfile of
> /var/run/httpd.pid . Do I need to dig through the source (and manual)
> and patch this to httpd2.pid, or can we safely assume no one will want
> to run both at once?

You usually do run both at once, for testing purposes.
But it's easy for the user to change that in the conf file.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban