Re: bsdgames

John Morrison (Cygwin) wrote:

*shrug* on my Debian box, /usr/games is in the path... anyone have a
RedHat/Fedora install they could check?

I checked an RH9 and an FC3 box, and neither have /usr/games in their standard path. But then, neither have anything installed in /usr/games at the moment, so it's possible that that would change if you did install an RPM that used that directory.

In my experience, I've always had to add /usr/games to the path. I remember this in particular with nethack.