RE: New Package Proposal

On Thursday, December 30, 2004 7:40 PM, Gerrit P. Haase wrote

> DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
>
>> I have a need to use SSH through a proxy server on occasion.
>>
>> I used to use a small widget program called 'connect.exe'.  That
>> program isn't being actively maintained as near as I can tell.
>>
>> I also use Debian Linux on another system and it has a program called
>> Corkscrew that does the same thing.  Mainly, it allows me to tunnel
>> my SSH connection through our HTTP proxy server that requires
>> authentication.
>
> Isn't this the same thing that stunnel is doing?
>
>> I downloaded the source for Corkscrew and it compiled OOTB on Cygwin.
>>
>> I'd like to see it available as an official package and, since it
>> just works, I guess I am also volunteering to maintain it.
>
> Anyway, if it is part of Debian it just needs to be reviewed.  Please
> post download links.
>

> Gerrit

RE: stunnel
I thought stunnel was for encrypting traffic that wasn't encrypted.  I
am using corkscrew to take an already encrypted SSH connection and
tunnel it through an HTTP proxy server.  I enable it by using the
ProxyCommand option in my ~/.ssh/config file.

RE: Debian links
Package: corkscrew (2.0-1)
http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/corkscrew
Developer info http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/corkscrew.html
corkskrew home page http://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

-Jason

PS - I apologize in advance for the legal disclaimer at the bottom of my
email message.  This is tacked on by our SMTP gateway and I have no
control over it.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery
of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.