"Copyright year, year, ..." statements in setup.exe

The "Copyright year, year, ..." have been somewhat neglected so far as adding additional years in concerned.

Additionally, some are "Red Hat, Inc.", and others are individual contributors.

I could use some advice on whether it is acceptable to just have a single identical copyright header for each file, stating "portions copyright by".

When updating to include 2004, who should the attribution be to? Me? Red Hat?

What about the "Copyright 2000, 2001 Red Hat Inc." that appears on the setup splash page?

If anyone has any useful links to information on this, please let me know.

Max.