Re: Urgent wording change needed for setup.exe

Christopher Faylor wrote:
For the next setup release, can we change "Download from Internet" to
"Download from Internet Without Installing"?

Agreed - how about "Download Only - Do Not Install", though? I think that is a bit more attention grabbing, and "from Internet" is just a bit redundant!

Also, whilst we are clarifying things, how about adding the text
"(downloaded files will be kept for future re-use)"
to the "Install from Internet" option. Commercial stub-installers often don't bother to preserve the data they download for future reinstallation - people are used to this, leading to then then needlessly splitting their Cygwin setup operations into "Download", then "Install from Local", not realizing that the "Install from Internet" would do what they want anyway.

Max.