Re: (TRY 2) Re: many complaints about setup and X

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:47:20PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

Are any of the setup.exe developers attempting to get to the bottom of
the problems that have been reported lately when installing X?

I see that Igor is attempting to help but it seems like we're seeing
an increasing number of people complaining about this and it would be
nice if someone could try to get to the bottom of the problem.

Any possibility that someone could take a look at what seems to be a nasty setup.exe problem? There is lots of discussion in cygwin-xfree. It's mainly under the subject "xorg installation fails, 99% complete only".

cgf

Chris, I had to install Cygwin and then xorg.
This solved my problem.
But still, its a problem with setup.