RE: setup size prefs

[snip]
> > What else do we want to remember?
> > The state of the two checkboxes at the end? What else?
>
> IMO; If it is variable, remember and prompt with last value used.
>
> ..and please, if it isn't that much work:
>  use argv[0] as base for the pathname where you store these values.

Not a good choice if you have the app living on your desktop.  Windows has
established places for info like this, and APIs to get the paths to them
regardless of how things may be installed.  Something like this (if it's a
file) goes somewhere like "C:\Documents and Settings\{All Users|Current
User}\Application Data\Cygwin Setup\" (don't quote me, but that's the idea).

> (In a *.txt file, please. I'd love if it was styled as *.ini)
> This creates a nice possibility to supply setup w defaults of
> your own.

Mmmmmhmhmhhhmhhmmm....  The real Windows way of doing this is by putting all
such settings in the registry, in the appropriate places (analogous to the
paths above).

--
Gary R. Van Sickle