Re: Still hosed by setup problem LAID TO REST (Sorta)

Well, in desperation I took the final step and blew away the only thing left after my previous rampage -- the Windows Registry entries. I pretty much made my installation look as though it had never heard of Cygwin.

OK. I was now able to run Setup to completion. Of course, I am nowhere near back where I started -- I also lost any customization I had ever done and other things as well. But, at least, I do have a working installation even though it sometimes isn't working the way I expect.

Of course, this suggests the problem was with some registry entry. I can't see anything weird about mine, the only thing is that I have my disks partitioned very much like a Linux system ( it will dual-boot someday RSN ). That means things like /tmp and /var ( but NOT CygwinRoot ) were mounted on the root of some partitions just as they are of necessity in Linux. It worked great for me - mentally - but maybe it is a gotcha during installation.

Bas van Gompel wrote:

Op Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:55:25 -0400 schreef David A. Cobb