Bash updates, bashdb, bash_completion, etc.

Hello all,

Let me just start by saying that I really think bashdb would be a nice addition to Cygwin. That said, I'll need some convincing to add it to mainline Bash as I don't want to maintain YA out-of-tree patch for Bash if I can help it.

As for Bash-2.05b-17: I've applied Pierre's patch to bash-2.05b-16 and am compiling it now (I've got a coffee break I can use for that).

As for Bash-3: it doesn't currently get through the tests and I do not have the time at the moment to figure out why not. The reason for this is very simple: I don't have a Windows machine at home so all I have for testing is my lunch and coffee breaks. (This same lack of a Windows machine had a rather dramatic impact on the time I had allocated for the Cygwin project a while ago, when I was at home for nearly four consecutive months.. donations are welcome ;)

Reini, if you still intend to package bashdb and bash_completion, I'll be happy to work with you to integrate them into the bash package. However, as you have already stated that you don't want to maintain bash and I have already stated that I don't want to maintain bashdb or bash_completion, we'll have to find some solution to this or accept a stalemate. Please feel free to mail me privately about this.

rlc

PS: I've subscribed this (hotmail) address to cygwin-apps as I don't have E-mail at home either and the Gmane equivalent of this list doesn't allow posting. There's no need to copy to ronald@... or to this address..

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.