Re: GNOME category exists now?

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 11:38:18PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
Christopher Faylor schrieb:

The. Cygwin packages are based on Debian categories.

I'll patch upset to ignore packages completely with Categories not in Debian. With a fatal, not just a warning. Ok?

No. It is not worth the effort. I don't want to add a dependency on me to remember to update upset whenever there is an addition to the Category.

upset is intended to be used to create a setup.ini from the setup.hint
files on sourceware.org.  The fact that it is retrievable via CVS is a
side-effect of the fact that that's how most of the admin tools on
sourceware.org are managed.

I'm not interested in turning it into a general purpose tool and I'm not
interested in bug reports, patches, augmentations, etc.

A simple "package lint" tool would be easily doable and it would not
require all of the extra stuff that upset does.  Someone should write
one of those.

Some of the above is also. A recording.

Ok. So I will not bug you any further with updates, but keep my forked version at my site. I find it useful to die on invalid categories.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/