Re: [ITP] bashdb, bash_completion

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 04:20:07AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>Christopher Faylor schrieb:
>>On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 12:54:38AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>>>I want to contribute and maintain bash-2.05b-rebash-0.43, also known as
>>>bashdb, formerly known as bash-2.05b-debugger-0.x It will replace
>>>/bin/bash.exe
>>
>>Wait.  So are you essentially saying that you want to take over as the
>>bash maintainer?
>>
>>If so, I think you probably should coordinate this with Ronald.
>>
>>If not, I think you probably should coordinate this with Ronald.
>
>Sigh.  Why do I write a whole book about that?  As I already wrote I
>don't want to maintain bash! I want to maintain "bash-2.05b-rebash",
>which is based on his bash, on Pierre's patches and this Rocky
>Bernstein extension.
>
>I only want these extension until Ronald brings out his 3.0, because I
>have the problems now and don't to wait any longer for 3.0.7 If Ronald
>doesn't want to add these extensions then I want to keep it.  He is
>very busy for a long time now and didn't react so far.

I read your email.  I guess my mind boggled at the concept that anyone
would be so..., er, bold as to assume that they could trump someone else's
package by using the name "bash.exe" when there is already an extremely
well-known package which uses that name.

As I said.  Work this out with Ronald.

And please don't send any more "ITPs" which wipe out other parts of
people's packages.