Re: [ITP] email-2.3.0 (review)

On Oct 20 18:32, Ross Smith II wrote:
> I've fixed the issues Christopher listed below, and a couple more. 2.3.0-2 is now available.
>
> It now defaults to using ssmtp.  If you want to use SMTP, you will need to run email-config.

I don't understand this one.  Exim as well as ssmtp both have a config
script which sets /usr/sbin/sendmail so that it points to the real
executable, if /usr/sbin/sendmail doesn't exists.

Wouldn't it be better to use /usr/sbin/sendmail as default and either
to complain if /usr/sbin/sendmail doesn't exist?

Red Hat, Inc.