Re: Would like to submit fixes

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Amir Ebrahimi wrote:

> I fixed the Cygwin Installer (setup.exe), so that the command line options
> would work.  I'm not sure if it is a bug or by design, but the user settings
> were being loaded before the arguments were being processed. Also, the
> SourcePage wasn't properly setting its option if it was passed on the
> command line.  I can submit the changes to you if you like.
>
> -- Amir

Amir,

The proper place to discuss setup.exe changes is the cygwin-apps list (or,
if you don't want to subscribe, the main cygwin list).  I'm forwarding
this message there, and setting Reply-To appropriately.

To answer your question, yes, I bet Max (the setup.exe maintainer) would
be glad to see your changes.  Please send a patch (in unidiff format, with
the appropriate ChangeLog -- see <http://cygwin.com/contrib.html>) to the
cygwin-apps list.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw