Re: update - ccdoc 08.41 is ready for experimentation

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:06:21PM -0700, Joe Linoff wrote:
>I am afraid that I am not sure what you mean by beta-test but I don't
>think that the program needs to be tested at all.

Any reason for sending this multiple times?

What everyone seems to be missing is this:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=ccdoc%2Fccdoc-0.8.39-1&grep=ccdoc

ccdoc is already part of the distribution.

That's what I mean by "beta test".  I don't understand why you'd send a
"ready for experimentation" message here.  Do you see any other messages
like that in this mailing list?

>This version of ccdoc has been released to sourceforge and is already in
>the public domain.
>
>The reason I submitted it to this group for approval was because I was
>bit confused by the cygwin submission documentation and wasn't sure
>whether I got the directory structures right in the tar files. Here is
>the directory structure for the binary release (ccdoc-08.41-1.tar.bz2):

Why are you having problems figuring out how to package this after
having already provided it once before:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-02/msg00270.html

I'm thoroughly confused.  You are the package maintainer but you, and
everyone else are treating this like a new experience.