Re: Resolvers (Re: mhash-0.9.1-1)

At 12:55 PM 10/6/2004 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Oct  6 12:48, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
>> >Already ported: BIND.  Why don't you use bind?
>> >http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/DNS/bind-9.2.2/
>>
>> Because most of us don't like bind that much, I assume.
>
>I guess using bind is some sort of a habit.  The same goes for sendmail.
>You think you know the beast, just because you learned over the years
>how to fed it to keep it calm...

I didn't follow this discussion closely but I think it started
with the need for a caching resolver.
FWIW, Windows already has one, starting with 2000 AFAIK. When it is present,
the test version of minires currently on the mirrors defaults as an interface
to it, instead of contacting nameservers directly.

Pierre