Re: unison-2.10.2-1 and unison-gtk2-2.10.2-1

Hallo Schulman,

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 um 18:33 schriebst du:

>> I have done a Cygwin package of LablGtk now, just add the Cygwin
>> specific README and sign it with your name, if there are no objections
>> it will be included in the netrelease and unison-gtk2 is GTG, once we
>> found the reason why I needed to apply the beloow changes.  Fetch the
>> LablGtk package here: http://194.95.224.180/lablgtk/

> I decided to go ahead and build a lablgtk2 package myself, so I can
> reasonably maintain it in the future.

> I've built the package, but now I have a problem: if I strip
> /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtktop.exe, then when I run
> /usr/bin/lablgtk2, I get "Unknown option -w":

Don't do that!  Ocaml binaries cannot be stripped since these are
mixed mode binaries.

> $ lablgtk2 -verbose
> /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtktop -w s -I /usr/local/stow/lablgtk-2.4.0
> /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2 -I gtkInit.cmo
> Unknown option -w.

> If I don't strip lablgtktop.exe, then I don't get this error.  I can't
> find any documentation about what the '-w s' option does, but I believe
> it's supposed to be passed on to the OCaml compiler.

See above.

> Questions:  should I just give up on stripping the executable?  Or is
> there a workaround?  Do I need the -w option at all?  Sorry, but I know
> almost nothing about OCaml or LablGTK.

Yes and no, no workaround, well there are always two possibilities to
compile ocaml code, build the slow pure binary or the faster native
ocaml binary.  Since I'm not an OCaml expert, maybe the Cygwin OCaml
maintainer or the upstream LablGTK maintainer can tell us more?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=