Re: postgresql-7.4.5-1 ready for review

Jason Tishler schrieb:
On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 08:09:26PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
ok, postgresql-7.4.5-1 is ready.

Thanks, but I'm going to upload a postgresql-7.4.5-1 shortly. Let's transition maintainership in the 8.0 time frame.

Super. So I can check tcl also.

Please also check my version of the cygwin README.
I added a "Whats new" section.

The new native win32 server is very good, but the cygwin port is much more compatible to the unix version, and most people will prefer cygwin as development platform. Just to test it.

AFAICT, the above change is not necessary:

    checking for shmget in -lcygipc... no
    checking sys/ipc.h usability... yes
    checking sys/ipc.h presence... yes
    checking for sys/ipc.h... yes

The problem is, that I still have cygipc installed, so it will find it, even if cygserver is running.
Others maybe also. Call it defensive programming.

Anyway my postgresql-7.4.5-1 cygipc configure.in patch is pending, and will be useful for the 8 series also.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/