1.5.10: Apache startup as service with User: Guest, Windows event 1054

When I configure Apache 1.3.29 with User: Guest, per the directions in the
Readme (after enabling the Guest account) and attempt to start Apache as a
service, it fails to start. There's an error in the Windows Application log,
Event ID: 1054, that says:

"Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (An
unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted."

If I set the User to my network login ID, everything works fine. But, that's
more permissions than I want the web server to have.

Jim Hart, Project Manager
Academic Technology Support
Information and Library Services
Bates College