Re: Requesting vote / review for submitted package

> > I would appreciate further voting and/or reviewing to get this editor
> > which works fine under cygwin into the distribution.
>
> OK this is a +1 vote and it does indeed work fine. However, there are
> a couple of packaging issues.
So that's 3 now, thank you very much.
I will take care of the packaging issues and probably offer an
updated package with my next release of mined.
I'm still not sure: Do you comments count as a review as well or do I
need an additional review?

> *you have a (plain text?) file /usr/share/info/mined.hlp and I'm not
> sure if this is a problem. I guess the update-info script only looks
> for .info files, but it would probably be better to put it in
> something like /usr/share/mined/mined.hlp or
> /usr/share/mined/guide.hlp so it doesn't get lost in all the noise.
I hesitated to create an application-specific directory for just one
file but apparently that's OK and I will do it this way.

> *the source doesn't actually create the Cygwin .tar.bz2 package, this
> isn't a requirement but I believe it's relatively straightforward with
> the generic-build-script
What is the generic-build-script and where do I find it?
And what make target would be expected to generate the binary package?

> Thanks for the package and I think once these minor issues are cleared
> up it is ready to go. And, as I believe cfg once said, there can never
> be enough editors in the Cygwin distro. (Not to mention CJK capable
> ones.)

Thanks and kind regards,
Thomas Wolff
Dr. Thomas Wolff, Thomas.Wolff@siemens.com, +49-30-386-23419