Packaging howto. Was: Re: A new policy.

Hello,

> - you include a statement in your ITP along the lines of "I've
>   successfully tried to install and use my own binary package and I
>   did run through the complete build process of my own source archive
>   from scratch and it worked fine."
Although I'm not a maintainer yet, I would certainly have wanted to
try a successful installation before submitting my package.
I packed it to my best understanding of the package making howto,
then placed it into my local download directory (under appropriate
sub-dir name) and ran setup "Install from Local Directory"
but it didn't show up in the setup list, so I couldn't even try it.
Is there a howto about inserting a package for setup?

Kind regards,
Thomas