Re: [HEADSUP] A new policy. First victim: Gerrit

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
Since my subject refers to Gerrit as the *first* victim: We would like
to give other contributors the same rights, but we also still need
reviewing of other packages.  So we would like to introduce this small
deal:  If you are maintaining at least three packages in the distro,
you can opt for the right to get new packages in without review and with
just one vote, if

- you include a statement in your ITP along the lines of "I've successfully
  tried to install and use my own binary package and I did run through the
  complete build process of my own source archive from scratch and it
  worked fine."

- you review another ITP'd package.

Does that sound fair?

Sounds fair and useful.

But do you have statistics about the "most active people"? (to some degree)

Gerrit will be one of the most active, but what about Harold Hunt, Igor, cgf, corinna?
Furthermore: max bowsher, charles wilson, dave korn, ...
Just to get an idea where this deal will eventually lead.

I wouldn't make that dependant on the number of packages people maintain. Rather on the usefulness of the package and the expected problems with maintainership.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/