Re: [ITP] re2c (3rd try)

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
>> The build does work, but I why modify lnconf.sh ? IMO, the point of
>
> It doesn't work for me as it is.  I think it should be inlined in the
> generic-build-script so you may choose to call conf or lnconf at any time
> simply by changing the list for the 'all' target.
>
>> having a standard is so that knowledge of building Cygwin
>> packages is transferrable from package to package. So, it would be
>> nicer if you used lnconf.sh in the way it was intended, without
>> modification.
>
> There is no documentation, I couldn't figure out how it should be used
> (I tried really hard in these five minutes).

The original intent (AFAICS) was for you to be able to simply use the contents of lnconf.sh as ${srcdir}/configure, and then use an
unmodified g-b-s. Unfortunately, that plan is spoilt, because patch doesn't restore the execute mode on new files. You can avoid
that by calling it via sh:

conf() {
  (cd ${objdir} && \
  sh ${srcdir}/lnconf.sh )
}

Although, it would be more convenient if g-b-s did:

if [ -f ${srcdir}/lnconf.sh ]; then
  # do the above
else
  # do the existing configure code