Re: [ITP] apr, apr-util

Max Bowsher schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
Did I miss the url's for this cygwin tar.bz2?
People are already voting without any package to review?

Correct, that's what I said in the paragraph you quoted.

This is quite reasonable, as voting and reviews serve totally different
purposes: Voting ensures that having a particular package in the distro is
deemed a worthwhile idea. Reviewing ensure that the particular
implementation of that idea is good.

Oops, sorry. I missed that.

Max, can you please post your apr and apr-util urls, so that I can
finish the svn src installation and check it. Or does apr*-0.9.4 compile
out-of-the box?
  ./configure --enable-layout=RedHat --libexecdir=/usr/sbin/
I assume.

I made minor tweaks to convince libtool to build a shared library. Packages will be available shortly.

Super.

Dave's datadir defines --datadir=/usr/share, which should be /var/www.

No. APR installs libtool and makefile fragments into datadir. Those do not belong in /var/www.

Ok.

And as Max already said, Dave should fix his svn build to include the
server and clean up the build mess: autom4te.cache, fix the doc paths
and use the external neon built if found. Probably just the
--with-neon=/usr line is enough, to find /usr/bin/neon-config

Actually, no option at all is required.

Fine. -- Reini Urban http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/