Re: lilypond 2.2.0-1 available

On Apr 21 12:06, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>
> > What are these images for?  xinfo?  I don't have any images in my
> > various info directories, so I see this for the first time.
>
> It's pretty new.  Emacs CVS has had image support for Info pages for
> about a year, to be included in the upcoming 21.4 or 22.1.
>
> > Lilypond has its own subdir /usr/share/lilypond.  Couldn't the images
> > be stored there?
>
> The image files are stored under /usr/share/doc/lilypond/, which seems
> to be a reasonable place for documentation images?

Sounds reasonable.

> We discussed implementing an extra option for makeinfo to allow
> foreign image directories, but it was decided not implement that and
> store images with info files, for now.

I just had another look into the binary tar file and, if I'm not entirely
blind, then ther aren't any png files in usr/share/info/lilypond:

$ tar tjf lilypond-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2 | grep /info/
usr/share/info/
usr/share/info/lilypond/
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond-internals.info
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond-internals.info-1
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond-internals.info-2
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond-internals.info-3
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond.info
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond.info-1
usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond.info-2
usr/share/info/lilypond/music-glossary.info
$ tar tjf lilypond-doc/lilypond-doc-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2 | grep /info/
$

If so, the discussion seems to be somewhat moot.  The above couple
of files are fine in usr/share/info, right?

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.