Re: Proposal: Cygwin bug reporting interface

* Thu 2004-03-11 Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin <AT> yahoo.com>
| --- "Jari Aalto+mail.linux" <letters <AT> hotpop.com> wrote:
| > I got inspired by the Debian bug reporting system, so I though writing
| > one for Cygwin. It would make things more controlled and following the
| > bug report as well as finding out to whom to report would be easier.
|
| Jari,
|
| All bugs should be sent to the cygwin@ or cygwin-xfree@ list, not the
| maintainer. Let's keep the dialog open.

Sure. The program now includes that by default in addition to
sending note to maintainer.

| I also wonder how useful this would be to the many people who do
| not use emacs and so do not have it installed. You might have it
| rely on sstmp and check for a valid configuration before trying
| to send email. These sort of design discussions may belong on
| cygwin@. Besides, there is currently a ITP moratorium ("suspension
| of an ongoing activity").

Now implemented. Emacs is no more required, but it is the preferred
interface, because th GUI features, like package completion and
other advanced features are there.

I'll announce new version in separate mail.
Jari

--
http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/
Swatch @time   http://www.mir.com.my/iTime/itime.htm