Re: setup.exe development stalled?

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 08:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> It seems like development for setup.exe is sort of stalled.

Sortof. The last few months have been insane for me: but there is
daylight. I've been transitioning to a new job, and closing off existing
projects where I was. That process has ~ a week to go.

> At the very least, it would be nice to get out a new release which
> resized correctly.  I know that the current implementation isn't perfect
> but I wonder if it is better than the alternative of having a new user a
> week sending in a suggestion that the browser should be resizeable.

Well, thats at your discretion - if you're happy for me to ignore bug
reports about the resizing being broken (ignore = add to todo but not be
concerned about) - sure. I merged the resize stuff to get the ball
rolling, and it hasn't which is a shame. Being the maintainer != write
all the code. There are a few patches I really need to review, primarily
the large add scriptable everything one, but I don't recall any 'finish
fixing resizability' patches.

> Can we release setup.exe as is and maybe think about revitalizing
> development somehow?  It would be nice if all of the things that
> the parser understands were actually understand by the rest of
> the program.

Indeed.

PTC.

Rob