Re: [Review - Not yet] aterm-0.4.2-1 - vt102 terminal emulator, based on rxvt

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

If aterm is based on rxvt, it probably runs /bin/sh rather than /bin/bash
(which would explain the escape sequence problem above).  The solution for
rxvt (which should also help here) is to run "rxvt -e bash".

I agree that the other problems are pretty much showstoppers.  It would
have helped if you mentioned at least the version of Windows that you
tried it on, though (I assume you have the latest packages installed).

In the interest of not writing overly long emails (which I find people tend to ignore), I decided to not even mention that I tried other shells since describing the slight difference in behavior wouldn't really matter since it goes into an infinite loop. "aterm -e /bin/bash" behaves only slightly differently.

The version of Windows I am running doesn't matter unless Jari can't reproduce the problem, in which case he can ask what version I have; until then it would just be noise.

Harold