Possible legal problem with ccrypt? [Was: Re: Pending Packages List,2004-02-13]

http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/ccrypt-1.6-2.tar.bz2

http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/ccrypt-1.6-2-src.tar.bz2

http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/setup.hint
|    HOLD-UPS: No "good to go" review.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00288.html
+
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-02/msg00008.html

I don't think we really need some emacs expert to check those .el and
.elc files before accepting it?

As written in

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-02/msg00009.html

I tried it and they worked; to my understanding, there can't / needn't be done more.

However, a new problem might have popped up. Reading this thread

I wonder if there are legal problems for RedHat to distribute the ccrypt package?

Andreas.