Re: [ITP]cabextract-0.6 - New package (repost)

* Sun 2004-01-11 Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> list.cygwin-apps
| Daniel Reed wrote:
| > On 2003-11-11T13:47+0200, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
| > ) http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1-src.tar.bz2
| > ) http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1.tar.bz2
| > ) http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/setup.hint
| >
| > Since it has met all formal requirements, I have uploaded cabextract. (The
| > HOLD-UPS line in the PPL is empty.)
| >
| > However, Jari Aalto has not posted to cygwin-apps since November of last
| > year, and does not appear to have responded to private queries. He has other
| > packages in the PPL; should these be [temporarily] de-listed?
| > Should we begin a countdown toward putting maintainership of cabextract up
| > for grabs?
|
| I think so.
|
| The problem with the cabextract package was the same as the problems
| with all of Jari's other packages: the build script had errors.  For
| example, you cannot download the -src of cabextract and build a new
| version for distribution.  If you do, the build script within that new
| -src package will be called cabextract-0.6.1-2-0.6.1-2.sh, or some such.

Build problems addressed, package recompiled and newly packaged. Please review

  http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1-src.tar.bz2
  http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1.tar.bz2
  http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/setup.hint

To download:

  lynx -dump http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/get.sh | sh

Leave out the "| sh" to review the script before running it.
Jari

/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/INSTALL
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/README
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/TODO
/usr/share/doc/cabextract-0.6/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cabextract-0.6.README
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man1
/usr/share/man/man1/cabextract.1
/usr/bin