Re: [UPDATE] apache-1.3.29-1 ready for testing and upload

Stipe Tolj wrote:

> the packageing has been made the same way as old 1.3.24-5. So please
> no complains about this. If you have suggestions, please post. I'm
> open to those ;)

You're using "configure --with-eapi-only --with-apache=" from mod_ssl to
patch in EAPI, right?  When you do this it leaves a backup copy for
every file it patches, which in turn gets included in the Cygwin patch
as new files, which contributes to its large size.  If you nuke all
*.orig after the EAPI patch, it should cut it down a lot.

You might also want to just put a blurb in the README about how to run
it as a service.  I don't remember now what all is involved but I
remember having some difficulty the first time I tried.  I think it
centered around having to "chown SYSTEM:SYSTEM" the logs, or something
like that.  A rebaseall might have also been required.

Brian