Re: Pending Packages List, 2004-01-06

Hallo Yaakov,

Am Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2004 um 06:31 schriebst du:

> Gerritt,

> Thanks for your comments.  Responses inline:

> Gerritt P. Haase wrote:
>> Binary package:
>> Postinstall out of date, use _update_info_dir package as requirement
>> in setup.hint.

> I had this discussion before.  The conclusion was that this doesn't
> really help unless _u_i_d is RE-installed, which can't be forced. See:

>   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00417.html

Yes ok, you're the maintainer.

[...]

>> Besides that the script works a the binary & source package are
>> created.

> I guess you have help2man in your PATH.  I also do, so I didn't catch
> this until the ITP, when Igor Pechtchanski wrote about this.  See the

>   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00129.html

Yes, you're right, I saw this posting too after finishing my review.

> I haven't had any luck with trying to work around this.  Unfortunately the
> newest version of help2man doesn't build by me, otherwise I would propose
> this (never got any comments if an older version would be accepted).
> Do you have any ideas?  Thanks!

Hint: Charles Wilson has a ready to go help2man package at his testing
site, this is also what I'm using, he seeks for a maintainer, it just
needs to be rebuild with --prefix=/usr instead of /usr/local.

And why are there difficulties to build it?  Strange, it is just a
perl script, I guess the only thing the configure and make does is to
alter the path to the perl binary in the script?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=