Re: [ITP] openldap-devel: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol clients and libraries

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

It would be interesting to know why the make check run works but after installation
the resulting shared libs don't work anymore. Charles ??

Shared libs get relinked on installation...so perhaps using the "wrong" (e.g. not the one created by configure) libtool is causing problems in the relink step but not in the initial build step?

Assuming that openldap uses libtool in the "normal" way -- that is, by having AC_LIBTOOL or whatever in the configure.in file, I'd recommend a complete reautotoolization --

1. put AC_PREREQ([2.59]) in configure.in
2. run autoupdate (or perhaps autoreconf --force --verbose --install, or manually run the various autotools to get things "right")

and try a build without post-configure butchery of the libtool script :-)

Sorry I can't be more detailed or investigate first-hand; too much time pressure right now...

--
Chuck