[ADMINISTRIVIA] off-topic message policy

We get a fair number of off-topic posts here so I thought I should
make it clear what happens when someone posts an off-topic message.

Here's what I do:

1) Make sure that they have been notified that message is off-topic.

2) Block the subject from further discussion.

3) Silently unsubscribe the person from the mailing list if this is
their only communication on the list in the last six months.

4) Ban repeat offenders (so far only one) from the list entirely.

A person is welcome to resubscribe once they understand what this list
is for, but I'm working under the principle that if someone subscribes
to the list just to ask an off-topic question, then they probably
shouldn't be here at all.

Eventually, I have to change the cygwin-apps welcome message to make
all of the above clear but I thought I'd get this into the archives
regardless.