Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review

Pierre Humblet wrote:

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

[snip]

However, the kludge I use to get around this is to just do this in the
source file:

#define foo __foo
int
__foo {
}

Or you can use a typedef if your symbol is a struct or similar.

I am not sure if this addresses the problem at hand.
There IS and include file with #define foo __foo
but configure runs in a problem when it calls foo() without including
said include file. Thus we would like to have both __foo and foo.

Noooooo, you have to do it in the library source file, not the header, that way the symbol is properly generated in the library dll. This is quite similar to the way cygwin.din maps some symbols to underscore aliases (or visa-versa).

Cheers,
Nicholas