Re: [Review 1 - No pass] gd: A graphics library for fast image creation

huntharo@msu.edu wrote:

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

huntharo@msu.edu wrote:

Volker,

I tried to build the package and got the following from the "prep" step:

aclocal: configure.ac: 46: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library

I have updated all of my packages to the latest "curr" releases. Were you setting a non-default PKG_CONFIG_PATH before running the script? Here is what my env var has:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig

Err... PKG_CONFIG_PATH probably has nothing to do with this.

In any case, please advise as to why the build script fails.

Harold,

That error implies aclocal is unable to locate the m4 macro package containing AM_ICONV. In this instance it refers to a missing gettext m4 macro in the iconv.m4 file. I haven't checked, but are there any other .m4's in the src pkg/patch besides {aclocal,acinclude}.m4? If so, they may be in a subdir, which requires "-I <subdir>" be passed to aclocal (ex. if config/*.m4, `aclocal -I config`).

It is probably easier if you just install gettext-devel, which should install iconv.m4 into /usr/share/aclocal, which is automatically scanned by aclocal. However, this file *should* be distributed with the sources, which is why the earlier procedure is preferred (since the macros change between gettext releases, bogus or unexpected results can happen during configure if a newer macro is used for a package gettextized with an older gettext).

Cheers,
Nicholas

> Did you mean to send this to cygwin-apps?  It should probably be
> public.

Oops, yes. Anyhow, I've come up with a solution so that you don't have to have gettext-devel by adding the macros to acinclude.m4 (since they aren't included individually). I'm preparing to send Volker an update as we speak.

Cheers,
Nicholas