RE: Setup and downloading software...

Thanks all for the helpful tips.

I've also been coming across another issue. I haven't really researched it
as to if it's already in the queue - so please forgive me if it has already
been addressed, and just ignore this - I didn't remember seeing it
documented when I was researching the other issue.

As I am downloading, the setup program simply stops downloading at the end
of large files. For example, with the gcc-java-3.3.1-3.tar.bz2 file, it got
all the way to end and stopped with 1kb left, and then just stopped. I've
also had it go all the way and do the same thing on other files.  If I hit
the 'cancel' button, and restart the download, then it picks up where it
left off, gets any extra stuff and continues on.

I am doing a download only, and for simplicity (so I don't have to keep
refilling out all the info), am telling it to download everything.  If my
memory serves me correctly, I was also getting this when I was specifying a
subset.

I don't know if this is a specific case that comes out due to a slow
connection, or what. Most packages seem to go fine, it's just the larger
ones that are an issue. I don't think I've seen it happen for things on
order of only a couple meg and smaller; thus the idea of the slow connection
causing it with the really long download time, but that doesn't really make
sense as to why it would. Any how, just a couple thoughts.

Thanks!

BRM