[ITP] tclcl - Ready for review [Need help on linking to Tcl]

Original from http://otcl-tclcl.sourceforge.net/tclcl/

Description
===========
TclCL (Tcl with classes) is a Tcl/C++ interface used by Mash, vic, vat, rtp_play, ns, and nam. It provides a layer of C++ glue over OTcl.

Questions/Notes for Cygwin developers
=====================================
1) I had to build tclcl as a static library because it tries to link to Tcl_CreateFileHandler and Tcl_DeleteFileHandler. Linking to a shared version of Tcl reports that these are unresolved symbols. This seems to be a long-standing issue for Cygwin and it doesn't seem fixable.

2) There are Win32-compatible work-arounds in the code to avoid using Tcl_*FileHandler, but I have not reviewed the work-arounds thoroughly enough to determine if they will actually work with Cygwin.

3) I would appreciate any help here... just a note saying "yes, those functions still do not exist and will not exist in the future" would be sufficient. I always hate Googling for hours to find the status of something, making a release based on what I found, then finding out that my research was flawed. :)

Changes from original ITP ========================= 1) Ripped out broken Makefile.in build system and replaced with automake files.

2) Modernized autoconf usage.

3) Ripped out hand-crufted code for shared libraries and replaced it
with libtoolized build.

Remember, the goal here is to get NS (the network simulator) working and packaged for Cygwin.

tclcl ===== category: Libs Devel requires: cygwin tcltk sdesc: "tclcl" ldesc: ""TclCL (Tcl with classes) is a Tcl/C++ interface used by Mash, vic, vat, rtp_play, ns, and nam. It provides a layer of C++ glue over OTcl."

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/tclcl/otcl-1.0.13-1-src.tar.bz2
(540 KiB)
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/tclcl/otcl-1.0.13-1.tar.bz2
(210 KiB)