Re: [Patch] Resizeable main window

On 29.10.2003 05:06, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

Also, this scares the hell out of me: "The code utilizes some "less public" aspects of property sheets and makes certain assumptions on it's internal workings [...]." Frank, can you explain what you mean here? Does "less public" == "undocumented" == "even more liable to break than MS's documented stuff"?

Well, the only thing that may go as "undocumented" are the IDs of the property sheet controls (i.e. Back, Next, Finish etc. buttons) - I didn't find them in some header file, so I got those IDs with the help of an utility. So if MS has decided to give those controls different IDs on different platforms, they won't move when you resize. But I don't think that's the case, if it is, it could probably be fixed with some cut'n'paste.

"Assumptions on internal working" basically means that some of the code(like getting the original page size) assumes that certain messages arrive in a certain order. If this isn't the case, sizes may or may not be computed wrong.

-f.r.