Re: Question about gcc-mingw package renaming

Christopher schrieb:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 01:13:28PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>Hallo,
>>
>>I would like to rename this package to mingw-gcc.  Probably it would be
>>no bad idea to introduce a new category 'MinGW' similar to the 'XFree'
>>category for future additions.
>>
>>Any comments?

> It is not worth the aggravation.

Just a thought.  Wouldn't be too much work for me now as I'm nearly
finished now I'm going to tar it up soon.

> (and I haven't officially passed the gcc maintainership baton to you
> yet)

Oh.  Anyway, I have another question about the mingw package.  I think
it is neccessary to include also the MinGW version of libgcj.a as it is
done with libstdc++ to get gcj working with -mno-cygwin and similar with
the ada_lib & ada_include directories.  Since it would be a huge package
this should also be splitted like I will do for cygwin-gcc, one package
for each front end and one for the core (including the c front end).

Then the package names would be gcc-g++-3.3.1-3.tar.bz2, ... and
gcc-g++-mingw-3.3.1-3.tar.bz2, ...

Would be easier for Joe User if the MinGW packages are easy to identify
with the mingw prefix.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=