Re: [Patch] Resizeable main window

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 06:36, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I've played with this for a bit, and it does allow resizing the window.
> I succeeded in making a bunch of things resizeable by adding the
> appropriate controls (IDC_STATIC_HEADER_TITLE, IDC_STATIC_WELCOME_TITLE,
> IDC_VERSION, IDC_URL_LIST, IDC_EDIT_USER_URL, IDC_BUTTON_ADD_URL) to the
> DefaultControlsInfo list (see below for exact changes).  I'm assuming that
> if something is anchored on the opposite sides (left-right or top-bottom),
> it's going to stretch along that dimension when resized.  FWIW, the three
> lines below with URL in them make the mirror list selection dialog almost
> fully resizeable.  One thing I couldn't do was actually make the chooser
> resizeable (i.e., the one that started the whole rigamarole).  Notice in
> the changes below that I'm anchoring the IDC_LISTVIEW_POS in the same
> manner as IDC_URL_LIST, which should have worked, but didn't.  Do you have
> an insight as to why?

Right, well if the chooser isn't resizeable, this won't reduce mailing
list traffic at all. I don't know if the two patches have common code
fragments, but for now, I'll merge any do-one-thing patch that I'm happy
with... with the caveat that the author better have a resizable chooser
up their sleeve. IOW I'm not going to make life (more) difficult for
Gary's patch that it is, but if Frank can demonstrate a resizable
chooser, I'll give his patches the same detail of review Gary's gets.

Rob