Re: antiword-0.34

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hallo Igor,
>
> http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/antiword/antiword-0.34-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/antiword/antiword-0.34-1.tar.bz2
> http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/antiword/setup.hint
>
> > I've looked at the binary and source packages.  In the binary package, is
> > there a reason antiword.1 is duplicated in both usr/share/man/man1/ and
> > usr/share/antiword-0.34/?
>
> Fixed.
>
> > The script in the source package doesn't give you any options for partial
> > make, and doesn't accept the parameters of the generic_build_script (e.g.,
> > "all", "conf", "prep", "make", etc).  I don't know how important that is,
> > but thought I'd mention it.
> > Another, much more important thing is that the script builds files on top
> > of the root filesystem (i.e., installs directly into /usr/bin, etc) --
> > IMO, the source package should NOT place anything in the root hierarchy,
> > that's the job of setup.exe; the source build should be contained in the
> > source directory.  Because of the latter I didn't build from the source.
>
> Fixed.
>
> > Oh, and the script is not space-in-filename friendly.
>
> Fixed.
>
> > FWIW, I had to make a change to the wtf Makefile to allow the DESTDIR
> > parameter in the "install" rule, so I know it's not that much work.
> > Especially since you're providing a Makefile.Cygwin yourself in the patch.
> > I'm attaching a preliminary patch to your script and patch -- I tried to
> > catch all the places that modify the global hierarchy, but please verify
> > that.  HTH,
> >         Igor
>
> All fixed.
>
> Many thanks for your review and the patch.  I'll remember to address
> these issues in future.
>
> Gerrit

Gerrit,

Indeed, it all seems fixed.  The binary version seems to work ok, as does
the one I built from source.

One small problem I noticed (and this may be an upstream one) is that I'm
getting a "Syntax error in: '0x98 #UNDEFINED'" error when viewing a Word97
file with the cp1251.txt mapping.  The document then displays ok.
A "grep UNDEFINED *.txt" in usr/share/antiword shows

cp1250.txt:0x81         #UNDEFINED
cp1250.txt:0x83         #UNDEFINED
cp1250.txt:0x88         #UNDEFINED
cp1250.txt:0x90         #UNDEFINED
cp1250.txt:0x98         #UNDEFINED
cp1251.txt:0x98         #UNDEFINED
cp1252.txt:0x81         #UNDEFINED
cp1252.txt:0x8D         #UNDEFINED
cp1252.txt:0x8F         #UNDEFINED
cp1252.txt:0x90         #UNDEFINED
cp1252.txt:0x9D         #UNDEFINED

I think these may need to be substituted by a meaningful character (e.g.,
space).

Otherwise the package is good to go, IMO.
	Igor
P.S. The script creates the distribution tarballs only, which is rather
annoying.  Is there a particular reason you didn't want to use the
generic-build-script?
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu