Re: Aspell ... (ready?)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:17:44AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >I hate to do this at this late point (and I *really* hate it when people
> >do it to me) but I didn't notice the slightly nonstandard practice of
> >naming the binary 'aspell-bin'.  I'd like to change that.  Otherwise
> >we have a base package which only contains source, which is also
> >unusual.  I'd prefer to "mv aspell-{bin-,}0.50.3-1.tar.bz2" and
> >put it at the top level of the aspell directory and move everything else
> >underneath it.
> >
> >Gareth, do you have a problem with that?
>
> And another point -- I'd like to make aspell depend on aspell-en.
> Otherwise, I suspect that the cygwin mailing list will be constantly
> complaining about aspell not working.
>
> cgf

There's no setup.hint for the aspell-en package (which, I assume, will
depend on aspell).  BTW, beware of circular dependences -- if both aspell
and aspell-en have postinstall scripts, and the one in aspell-en uses
aspell, it might be run before aspell's postinstall script runs, so aspell
may be in an inconsistent state.  I don't think this is a problem, but the
maintainers should both be aware of this and coordinate the postinstall
scripts.

BTW, I don't have time to look now, but if setup's topological sort
traverses loops alphabetically, the above may be a red herring anyway
(i.e., aspell will always execute before aspell-en in that case).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu