--dos and --unix flags for cygultils/getclip.exe

Hello,

This is mostly an e-mail for Charles Wilson, but anyone can feel free to
reply.

I noticed (from the cygutils TODO file) that these needed to be implemented,
so I figured I'd take it on.  Just some questions/observations though:

1) "getclip > myfile" gives me a DOS format file with an "invalid CR/LF
combination" (according to EditPlus) at the end of the file.
2) "getclip | cat > myfile" gives me a proper DOS formatted file

I implemented --unix, and I noticed (in addition to the above):
3) getclip --unix > myfile gives me a proper DOS formatted file
4) getclip --unix | cat > myfile gives me a proper UNIX formatted file

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but $MAKE_MODE = unix

So my big questions are:
a) why does the result from (1) messed up?
b) why is the output file from (3) in DOS format?
c) why does piping through 'cat' make a difference?
d) since the output file from (2) is in proper DOS format, can I assume
that --dos is the original behaviour?

Thanks,

Rob.