RE: Strange setup problem. Next button disabled.

Hi Max,

Downloaded and attempted the same install with snapshot 2.415 with identical
results.

In case it's any use, below are three parts of the setup.log.full file
(start, after ini read, and end).  I have a bmp of the 'Next' button being
disabled, but wont send that unless it's requested for some reason.  Until
just before this attempt, McAfee was installed on the box in question, but I
uninstalled and rebooted before this attempt so that isn't part of the
issue.  MKS Toolkit is installed on the machine, but I have taken that out
of the path, and it doesn't normally cause any installation issues until the
post-install scripts kick in, and the wrong sh (if still in the path) gets
picked up.

I do wonder if there might be some file somewhere that is trying to be
written to but failing because it doesn't have write access to the network
drive, but I tried copying the packages directory to the local HD with no
difference in the result.

I have run the setup on my machine (which has cygwin installed) and can
change my package options with the next button enabled fine (but then my
network user has write permission on the cygwin package directory).

I am trying to find a machine that hasn't got or had cygwin installed on it
to see if I can try an installation on that but unfortunately an untainted
machine is not an easy thing to come by.  I will let you know how this goes
if I find such a machine.

Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to try.

Steve Fairbairn.

2003/09/05 10:34:41 Starting cygwin install, version 2.415
2003/09/05 10:34:41 Current Directory: W:\Public\Installs\Installs\Cygwin
2003/09/05 10:34:41 Changing gid to Users
2003/09/05 10:34:41 Could not open service McShield for query, start and
stop. McAfee may not be installed, or we don't have access.
2003/09/05 10:34:47 source: from cwd
2003/09/05 10:34:53 root: D:\cygwin binary system