Re: cygipc-2.01-1

Hallo Charles,

Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 um 03:44 schriebst du:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Hallo Charles,
>>
>> you wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, it's finally happened.  I've made cygipc into an official package.
>>

>> All the SysV perl tests are failing.

> Do you have 'ipc-daemon2.exe' installed and running, or just the old
> ipc-daemon.exe ?  (and also note that ipc-daemon2 lives in /usr/bin, not
> /usr/local/bin like the old one did)

I did this at first:
$ ls /usr/local/lib/*ipc*
/usr/local/lib/libcygipc.a~  /usr/local/lib/libcygipc.la~

And then started ipc-daemon2 from the command line before the tests
were running.  However, it looks the same if the daemon is running or
not, maybe there are permission issues?

What I think is dubious is that the third test returns ... not
implemented ...

Configure finds the right libraries:

Extracting names from the following files for later perusal:

        /usr/lib/libc.a
        /usr/lib/libcrypt.a
        /usr/lib/libcygipc.dll.a
        /usr/lib/libdb.dll.a
        /usr/lib/libgdbm.dll.a
        /usr/lib/libgdbm_compat.dll.a

And also the right headers and it states:

msgctl() found.
msgget() found.
msgsnd() found.
msgrcv() found.
You have the full msg*(2) library.

semctl() found.
semget() found.
semop() found.
You have the full sem*(2) library.
You do not have union semun in <sys/sem.h>.
You cannot use union semun for semctl IPC_STAT.
You cannot use struct semid_ds* for semctl IPC_STAT.

shmctl() found.
shmget() found.
shmat() found.
and it returns (char *).