Re: Perl 5.8.1 crash description

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> And what is your oppinion (in one sentence) about the root of the>
> problem?
>
> Is it a 'bug' in perl or a 'bug' in cygwin or is just that a perl
> script never should do s.th. like this?

Well, I don't feel like I am the one that can give advices
on how to proceed. I don't know Perl codebase at all so
I cannot judge their decisions. On the other hand I'm
more common with Cygwin code, but not specifically
with the threads stuff. Perhaps, Robert or Thomas can
share their opinions on this.

Anyway it seems suspicios to me that reentrant
structures are allocated on the thread stack - but that's
only me and I don't really have all the details on the
Cygwin pthread implementation.

Pavel