Octave package for Cygwin

I would like to contribute a Cygwin package for GNU Octave
(www.octave.org).

To start, I propose two packages, one with the Octave interpreter,
shared libraries, and other files necessary to run Octave and another
with the the header files and scripts necessary to compile and link
user-supplied C++, C, or Fortran code with Octave.

Here are the setup.hint files that I currently have:

  @ octave
  sdesc: "The GNU Octave language for numerical computations"
  category: Math
  requires: cygwin less ncurses readline texinfo
  ldesc: "The GNU Octave language for numerical computations
  Octave is a (mostly Matlab (R) compatible) high-level language, primarily
  intended for numerical computations.  It provides a convenient command-line
  interface for solving linear and nonlinear problems numerically."

  @ octave-headers
  sdesc: "Header files for the GNU Octave language"
  category: Math
  requires: cygwin octave gcc
  ldesc: "Header files for the GNU Octave language.
  This packages provides the include files needed to compile and link
  user-supplied code with GNU Octave.  If you only write interpreted .m
  files, you do not need this package."

Eventually I would like to also provide packages for ATLAS, LAPACK,
BLAS, fftw, and libhdf5 so that these features can be used with
Octave.  Does anyone know whether there might be other people who are
working on these packages or who might be interested in helping?

Currently, modules that are dynamically linked with Octave are quite
large, apparently because libstdc++ is not a shared library and large
portions of it end up in each module.  Is it possible that this will
change and that the version of libstdc++ distributed with Cygwin will
become a shared library instead?  Sorry if this is a FAQ (if there
have been previous discussions, I would appreciate knowing where I
could find them).

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

jwe