Re: the output format for sed and awk

I would like to use sed and awk to deal some text with
dos text format(CRLF), but I found the output of sed and
awk format is in unix textfile format. Can I let the sed and awk to output dos text file format? I found while install cygwin, there is an option for "default text file format", the option is "dos" and "unix".
I forget what I set while I installed my cygwin. Can I adjust the setting and will it resolve my problem?